Following are some tips for making your credit or debit card transactions as secure as possible. If you suspect that you’re the victim of fraud, you should report it immediately
- Sign immediately: Sign the signature panel on your cards (credit or debit) as soon as you receive them
- Monitor your online statements: Verify all your transactions, and always be on the lookout for suspicious behavior.
- Memorize your PIN: Memorize your PIN (Personal Identification Number) and keep it in a safe place. Also, be sure to avoid using a PIN that others can easily guess.
- Verify your card: Be sure your credit card is returned following any purchase(s) you make, and make sure that it is indeed your card that was returned.
- Wait for your card receipt: Never leave your credit card receipts at the checkout counter. Always take your charge slips with you.
- Save your receipts: verify all your receipts against your monthly statements. Report any unauthorized transactions immediately.
- Keep your card out of sight: Never leave your purse or wallet unattended and always keep your cards out of plain sight.
- Never lend your card: Your credit card is your responsibility, so don't give your card to others. Also, periodically check to make sure you have all your cards.
- Keep a list of all your card account numbers, as well as of telephone numbers to call if your cards are ever lost or stolen. Make sure they’re in a separate, secure place.
- Be sure the ATM displays the brand of your card
- Insert your card and select a language. Many ATMs offer a variety of languages, and English is always one option in most ATMs
- Enter your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Follow the instructions displayed on the ATM screen to choose your account and the amount you wish to withdraw.
- The transactionwill will immediately be processed, and money will be dispensed
- Take your receipt and keep it until you check it against your monthly statement
- Observe your surroundings before using an ATM. If the machine is obstructed from view, visit another ATM.
- Guard the screen and keyboard so anyone waiting to use the ATM cannot see you enter your PIN or transaction amount.
- Put your cash, card and receipt away immediately. Count your money later, and always keep your receipt.
- When using an enclosed ATM that requires your card to open the door, avoid letting strangers follow you inside.
- While many ATMs are available 24 hours a day, some may be open only during local business hours. To be on the safe side, plan your withdrawals ahead of time
- Check with your financial institution to determine the daily ATM limit that can be withdrawn
Add your photo on your Bank Audi credit card for extra security.
Your picture can help to protect you from fraud if your credit card is lost, stolen or used without your permission.
You may be able to use your photo security card as an additional form of identification.
How to add a photo to a new or existing credit card
It’s easy to add a photo to a new or existing Bank Audi credit card:
1. Stop by your Branch and request to add your photo to your card
2. Give the customer service officer your photo
3. Your new card will be mailed to you within 48 hours
Your card is lost or stolen? Don’t panic. Just follow these steps. Remember, the sooner you report the incident, the sooner you can block your card so that it is not abused by a third party.
If you are at home...
Contact immediately our 24-Hour Help Desk: 01-212120
If you are travelling away from home...
Contact immediately one of the following “Emergency Services Centers” using their worldwide network of toll-free telephone numbers and multilingual support. These centers are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and will help you to:
- Report Lost / Stolen Card
- Receive Emergency Card Replacement
- Receive Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Locate ATM addresses
Before you leave on a trip, keep note of the toll-free emergency number.
Visa Global Customer Assistance Service
MasterCard Global Service
|To list all the toll free telephone numbers|
For MasterCardclick here
For any inquiry, please contact Bank Audi on: +961 (1) 21 21 20